Thursday, March 16, 2006

Come to Illustrate Life on White Isle Island

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I have come to White Owl Island to retreat for a couple of weeks. White Owl Island is one of the islands on the Lemurian Archipelago, a short boat trip from Duwamish Bay and a popular destination for anyone needing time to recoup. Like Lindberg who wrote Gift From the Sea I have come to experience the solitude, to sketch and draw and to document some of the life on this island.

As I lay meditating upon the ocean outside my window White Owl herself appeared at my door. I could not resist her urgent tapping and let her in. She has offered to be my guide and rest with me awhile.

All I bought with me were some supplies so that I would not have to return to the mainland and my sketchbooks and journals. I am illustrating a journal. No words appear on my pages for it is the sketches which will tell the story of my days on this island.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Fran said...

We are all glad that the sketch book grows and glows with a magic, peopled with expression. Fran

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Just magnificent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home