Monday, March 13, 2006

Hoot

I hear her call and am drawn further along the path
I pick my way towards the sound of her wise voice

"Hoot", she said.

I just needed to see her
Soft feathers against the dark, black night sky

I just needed to be in her presence
And soak up the waves of wisdom radiating off her

I draw close and I can see her now
She turns her head and looks down at me with her big, clear eyes

I blink and see her intelligence reflected there in those eyes
I yearn for her to speak to me

"Hoot", she says.

All of my questions become still in my mind
As I gaze up at her loveliness

We look at each other and suddenly I know
I don't need her to tell me what to do

I have a wisdom all of my own

I grew stronger on my journey here
I learnt things I would never have known if I'd remained at home

I continued to stare into her clear eyes
As she continued to stare into mine

"Hoot", she said.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Welcome to the place. There will be a hammock for your resting when you choose to come, bringing your voice, your truth, wisely and well. The Sec.

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the welcome. I need a place like this.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

You have chosen a very beautiful sanctuary to retreat to Stacey. It is one of the best.
love Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home